Sunday, June 22, 2014

25/52

"A portrait of my boy, once a week, every week, in 2014." 

Samuel - Playing in Grandma and Granddad's garden

This weekend we had a drive up the mountains to my parent's place. I always leave there feeling replenished, we get to put our boots on, dig around in the garden, see the chickens, the puppy, the cat and the bird, and this time we were lucky enough to take home a handful of their fresh eggs! I'm so eager to start my own veggie garden, even though my track record for keeping plants alive is pretty awful, I just love that we can pop down to the bottom of mum & dad's yard to collect what we need for the meal we are about to have. 
Samuel had been taking a couple of steps here and there in the lead up to his birthday, then a day or so after, he built up his confidence and walked across the room. Now he's RUNNING everywhere, whilst squealing with joy! And as busy and tired as it's making me, chasing him around and putting the house back together behind him, I think it's just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment