Saturday, January 30, 2016

5/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016"








Samuel James - He's a complex and beautiful boy, this week he's been teaching me patience and highlighting parts of me that I need to work on. Such is the life of a two and a half year old, I guess. If we survive, I know we'll be better and stronger because of it.

Matilda Grace - Cannot keep her eyes off her big brother; always watching, always learning, always wanting to be close to him.

This week Matilda is getting closer and closer to crawling, she goes from sitting, to leaning on her arms for a minute or two, then slowly slides to her tummy. Slow down baby girl, I don't want to miss your littleness! Samuel, on the other hand, has been pushing boundaries. He is getting help, learning to use more words, and is using "no" a lot in the meantime. Because of his limited vocabulary, his big emotions tend to escape in the form of anger and frustration. Because of my lack of sleep, instead of always being calm and loving in my responses, his anger has been met with mine, and we've all suffered. Thankfully, every day is a clean slate and a fresh opportunity to do better. This parenting gig is a wild ride, and the growing and stretching and learning isn't always fun, but boy, is it important. 



Linking up with Jodi's 52 project.

1 comment: